Gluten Free | Dairy Free
These pretty rolls a packed full of raw vegetables and work well as a starter or make a batch as finger food for a party. The recipe can be made vegan by removing the fish sauce from the chilli lime dipping sauce.
Recipe by Marcin Ksiazka
Serves 2 as a light main or 4 as starter
4 Rice paper sheets
100g Red Pepper
100g Daikon (also known as Mooli)
100g Red Cabbage
20g Sesame seeds
Chilli Lime Dipping Sauce
125ml Lime Juice
75ml Soy Sauce
1 Garlic Clove (finally chopped)
1/2 Tablespoon of fish sauce
(This will make a slightly larger portion of dipping sauce that you can store in the fridge for several days (great as a dipping sauce for crudites).
1. Cut Vegetables into strips.
2. Make the dressing by finely chopping the garlic and then mixing together all ingredients and place in a bowl.
3. Soften the rice paper sheet in hot water for 20-30 seconds.
4. Place the wet rice paper on a plate and arrange the vegetables and mint in the centre of the sheet.
5. Fold the top and bottom of the rice paper sheet over the ingredients and then firmly roll (pushing down on the vegetables to keep them in place).
6. Cut each roll into 3 pieces and arrange on plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds and a little chopped mint.
Marcin Ksiazka (@hoppy_chef) is a classically trained chef with a passion for wellness, healthy cuisine and plant based cooking. Marcin's culinary journey includes working for Michelin starred chef Jason Atherton, head of kitchen operations and menu creation at health and wellness club Grace Belgravia and later Farm Girl Chelsea. Marcin is currently a private chef for events, retreats, and a healthy menu consultant.