Vegetarian | Gluten Free | Dairy Free
A modern twist on the Potato & Egg Salad with pickled ginger and sesame seeds. We have used purple potatoes (which can be found in specialty stores) or you can also use new potatoes instead. If potatoes are not your thing then substitute with avocado.
Recipe by Marcin Ksiazka
2 x Eggs (boiled for 7min)
50g Purple potato (cooked around 20min)
Handful mix of Lamb’s lettuce and spinach
15g Pickled ginger
20g Sesame seeds white and black
100g Whole grain mustard
5g Apple cider vinegar
3 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
250ml Olive oil or rapeseed oil
Salt & pepper
(This will make a large portion of dressing that you can store in the fridge and use on other salads. It will last a few days).
1. Boil the potatoes until cooked (approximately 20 minutes)
2. Boil the eggs for 7 minutes and then cool and peel
3. Make the dressing by placing all dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined.
4. Roll the eggs in the sesame seeds and cut in half.
5. Arrange lettuce on plate and add then arrange on top the potatoes, eggs and ginger.
6. Finally add a few spoonfuls of the dressing. We have decorated ours with edible flowers (optional).
Marcin Ksiazka (@hoppy_chef) is a classically trained chef with a passion for wellness, healthy cuisine and plant based cooking. Marcin's culinary journey includes working for Michelin starred chef Jason Atherton, head of kitchen operations and menu creation at health and wellness club Grace Belgravia and later Farm Girl Chelsea. Marcin is currently a private chef for events, retreats, and a healthy menu consultant.