Vegan | Gluten Free
A fresh and light salad with nutrient dense millet, tenderstem broccoli, crunchy apple and radish and finished with an orange dressing. You can also use normal broccoli of tenderstem is not available.
Recipe by Marcin Ksiazka
100g Tenderstem Broccoli
1-2 Sliced Radish
½ Apple peeled and sliced into matchsticks
4 Leaves Mint
2 Tablespoons of Pomegranate
Salt & Pepper
50ml Orange Juice
10ml Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Tablespoon of Dijon Mustard
75ml Olive Oil
(This will make a slightly larger portion of dressing that you can store in the fridge and use on other salads. It will last a few days).
1. Cook the millet following instructions on the packet and once cooked leave the millet to cool down.
2. Blanch the tenderstem broccoli for 3 minutes then cool down in iced water.
3. Make the dressing by placing all dressing ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined.
4. Lightly combine the millet, broccoli, radish and apple with the dressing.
5. Arrange on a plate and add the pomegrante and sliced mint leaves on top.
Marcin Ksiazka (@hoppy_chef) is a classically trained chef with a passion for wellness, healthy cuisine and plant based cooking. Marcin's culinary journey includes working for Michelin starred chef Jason Atherton, head of kitchen operations and menu creation at health and wellness club Grace Belgravia and later Farm Girl Chelsea. Marcin is currently a private chef for events, retreats, and a healthy menu consultant.